Workers' Compensation
If you were injured while at work at a specific date and time AND reported the injury to your supervisor, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. In most instances, you are not allowed to bring a civil suit against your employer individually. However, these cases are normally handled by a Workers' Compensation Court and are usually settled under Section 20 (no right to open) or Section 22 (allowing two years to re-open a claim) of the New Jersey Workers' Compensation Statute.

Depending on the specific facts of your case, if someone other than your employer is at fault, you may also be able to bring a third-party case against the negligent party. These cases normally involve a work-related motor vehicle accident or an accident caused by a design defect in the machinery being used.

Workers are also allowed to bring occupational claims for injuries which are caused from repetitive stresses. These injuries could include, but are not limited to, carpal tunnel syndrome or injuries to the shoulder and lower back which are caused by repetitive lifting/carrying.

Workers' Compensation cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you are only required to pay attorney's fees if we are successful in settling your claim. By statute, attorney's fees are set at 20% of your overall settlement. Upon settlement, under a Section 20 Settlement, you are responsible for the full 20% of settlement. Under a Section 22 Settlement, you are only responsible for paying 40% of the 20% total. The remaining 60% is paid directly by the Respondent.

If you were injured on the job, make an appointment as soon as possible to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Back to Areas of Practice

Attorney Advertising
Copyright 2021 by
All Rights Reserved
Web Design by R. Psota